Breakfast on the go is easy with this creamy and rich grilled cheese! Alpine-style Alpha Tolman Cheese by The Cellers at Jasper HIll melts beautifully alongside scrambled eggs and fresh slices of salted tomatoes. Hearty Texas toast helps keep everything glued together and the Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce adds an extra zing of flavor and helps awaken the taste buds early in the morning. This sandwich definitely will make your breakfast more exciting.
- 2 slices of Texas Toast
- 3 to 4 ounces Alpha Tolman (by Jasper Hill, grated)
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 eggs (firmly scrambled)
- 1 tsp. chives (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. butter (salted)
- Optional: hot sauce to taste (Melinda's Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce)
- Begin by laying half the cheese onto one slice of Texas toast. Next, dab your tomato with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture and sprinkle with salt. Lay the tomato on top and then cover with the scrambled eggs and the chives. Add the rest of the cheese on top and finish by adding the remaining top piece of bread. Smear both sides with salted butter and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, add your buttered sandwich and turn the heat to medium. Allow the grilled cheese to heat up with the pan and cook until one side has become golden-brown and the cheese has started to melt. At this point, flip the sandwich and repeat until both sides are equally toasted and the cheese has melted. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute so the cheese can thicken back up and the flavors can intensify. Cut in half and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|