If you like mushrooms, feel free to add some sliced sauteed mushrooms. For a heartier dish, add about 1/2 cup of diced ham or crumbled bacon to the eggs.
Serve the scrambled eggs with sausages, ham slices, or bacon.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium ripe tomato (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon green onions (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1/2 cup Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together until well blended.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until hot; pour in egg mixture. Reduce heat. As mixture begins to set on bottom and sides of skillet, lift and fold over with a spatula. Cook, stirring gently until eggs are almost set but still moist. Fold in the chopped tomato, finely chopped red pepper, and green onion. Heat scrambled eggs through; serve immediately.
- If desired top with shredded cheese just before finished.
- Saute some sliced mushrooms in butter; remove the mushrooms, add the eggs (and more butter, if necessary), and continue with the recipe.
- Add about 1/2 cup of diced ham or crumbled bacon to the eggs along with the minced vegetables and tomato.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|