|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The sea breeze is part of a collection of great tasting vodka and fruit juice drinks. It's an extremely popular cocktail and incredibly simple to make. If you enjoy the Cape Codder, then break out the grapefruit, because it's time to mix it up.
It really could not be easier to mix up a Sea Breeze. It requires just three ingredients—vodka with cranberry and grapefruit juices—and is built right in the glass. You will serve this drink over ice and can make it as tall or as short as you like.
Quite simply, the sea breeze is a spiked fruit punch. It's a refreshing twist to the vodka cranberry and a pure delight on hot summer days. After one taste, you'll quickly realize why this one has been a favorite bar drink for so long.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the vodka and cranberry juice into a highball glass with ice cubes.
Top with the grapefruit juice.
Garnish with the grapefruit slice.
Serve and enjoy!
- Vodka: The sea breeze is one of the few drinks in which the quality of your vodka is not going to make a significant difference. The fruit juices will mask slight impurities, so feel free to use your 'well' vodka here.
- Look for a quality budget-friendly vodka that you would not mind drinking straight. The market is opening up and there are a number of good tasting and inexpensive vodkas to choose from now.
- You may also want to add extra flavor to this simple drink by choosing a flavored vodka. Almost any of the fruit vodkas are a fantastic base. Strawberry, kiwi, and citrus would be among those to try first.
- Fruit Juices: Unless you have a juicer and it is cranberry season, fresh cranberry juice is not as easy as other fruits. However, in the case of the grapefruit, all you need is a manual juicer, a tiny amount of muscle power, and you have fresh juice ready to make a great sea breeze.
- Shake It Up: The sea breeze can also be shaken and strained over fresh ice. This adds a little more air to the drink that is very appealing, particularly on really hot days.
How Strong Is the Sea Breeze?
In reality, you can make this drink as strong or soft as you like. It's all about how much juice you choose to pour. If, however, we follow the recipe with an 80-proof vodka, it's a relatively tame 10 percent alcohol by volume (20 proof). This is average for a fruit or soda highball and about the same as a glass of wine.
If You Like the Sea Breeze
Among the popular vodka and fruit mixed drinks, you'll find many similarities. These can sometimes be confusing, so here's the breakdown.