This seafoam frosting is a fluffy brown sugar frosting. It's an easy frosting to make. A reliable candy thermometer makes the cooking a snap.
Related Recipe: Brown Sugar 7-Minute Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the brown sugar, water, and cream of tartar in a heavy saucepan; stir to blend. Attach a candy thermometer. Bring to a boil. Boil to 242 F on the candy thermometer (thread stage).
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly pour the syrup mixture into the egg whites in a thin stream while beating.
- Beat in the vanilla
- Makes a generous amount, enough to frost and fill a 2- or 3-layer cake.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|