A splash of sherry or white wine adds flavor to the seasoned white sauce for this easy seafood casserole. Shrimp, lobster, and crabmeat are the shellfish featured in this dish. Serve it with pasta or crusty rolls or garlic bread and a salad.
The casserole also makes a nice dish for a dinner party or brunch. Keep it warm on a warming tray or in a chafing dish.
You Might Also Like:
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 12 to 16 ounces cooked shrimp (medium to large, cut up)
- 8 ounces lobster meat
- 4 ounces crabmeat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chives (snipped)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or sherry)
- 2-4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan or saute pan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they are tender.
- In a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole, combine the seafood. Add the cooked mushrooms.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter to the saucepan and place it over medium-low heat; stir in flour until smooth and bubbly. Continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened and bubbly. Stir in the seasonings, herbs, and wine.
- Gently stir sauce into seafood mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then broil for a minute to brown top. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|