If you like steak, you will love this black pepper-crusted Ahi tuna steak recipe. This cut of tuna is best enjoyed medium-rare, like any great steak recipe, and the spicy pepper crust is perfect with this meaty fish.
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 (6-oz) ahi tuna steaks, about 1 1/2-inches thick (ask for "sear" or "sushi" grade if cooking medium rare)
- 4 tbsp fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Lay the tuna steaks out on a plate, and sprinkle the spice mixture evenly on both sides.
- Then coat the tuna on both sides with the black pepper, and gently press it in so that it adheres to the surface, being careful not to smash the flesh.
- Place a thick-bottomed frying pan, or cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, until very hot.
- Add the oil, and sear the tuna steaks for about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Serve with fresh lemon.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|