Big sea scallops are coated with Cajun seasonings then seared and served with grits. Serve as is or drizzle with a sherry cream sauce or your own favorite.
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- a dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- a few teaspoons fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- For the Creamy Grits:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (1 2/3 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup quick grits
- First, prepare grits, following directions below.
- If scallops are frozen, thaw according to package directions. Pat dry then lightly sprinkle with salt.
- On a plate, combine flour, Cajun seasoning, and paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Coat scallops with the seasoning mixture then dip quickly in the butter.
- Cook scallops for about 3 minutes on each side until nicely browned and opaque.
- Arrange hot grits on serving plates and top each with sea scallops then sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Bring heavy cream, chicken broth, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in grits and reduce heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
Serves 4 to 6.
For even more flavor, serve the scallops drizzled with Sherry Cream Sauce or a Cajun seasoned white sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||18 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|