|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 33g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||92%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- a dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Garnish: a few teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- For the Creamy Grits:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (1 2/3 cups) chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup quick grits
Gather the ingredients.
Prepare the Grits: Bring heavy cream, chicken broth, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add butter, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in grits and reduce heat. Cook 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
Prepare the Scallops: If scallops are frozen, thaw according to package directions. Pat dry then lightly sprinkle with salt.
On a plate, combine flour, Cajun seasoning, and paprika.
Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Coat scallops with the seasoning mixture then dip quickly in the butter.
Cook scallops for about 3 minutes on each side until nicely browned and opaque.
Arrange hot grits on serving plates and top each with sea scallops then sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For even more flavor, serve the scallops drizzled with Sherry Cream Sauce or a Cajun seasoned white sauce.