|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 16 to 24 Brownies (serves 24)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These semisweet chocolate brownies are a double-chocolate treat made with melted semisweet chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips. I didn't add nuts to these brownies, but you could add about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.
The brownies are a quick and easy treat, perfect for any occasion. Bake them for a weekend family treat or take them along to a party or potluck.
See the tips and variations for a few more flavor ideas and an easy brownie icing.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Melt the 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate with butter in a double boiler or in a stainless steel bowl over simmering water until smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar with eggs and salt until thick. Stir in vanilla and flour.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with just a small amount clinging.
Tips and Variations
- Add about 1/2 cup of peanut butter pieces or butterscotch chips to the brownie batter along with about 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Add 1/2 cup of bits o brickle chips to the brownie batter along with the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Brownie Icing: In a saucepan, combine 1/3 cup of milk with 6 tablespoons of butter, and 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring. Boil for 30 seconds. Remove the saucepan from the heat and quickly stir in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Pour the icing mixture over warm brownies. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
You Might Also Like
Chocolate Fudge Walnut Brownies