|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This Serbian recipe for potato salad (krompir salata) is made with a vinegar-and-oil dressing.
This potato salad tastes best if you allow the flavors to marry in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
- 6 large white potatoes (boiled, peeled and sliced or diced; or Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 2 medium yellow onions (halved and sliced thinly, or 1 bunch sliced green onions)
- For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or olive oil)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper (roasted, chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Place potatoes and onions in a large bowl.
In a screw-top jar, add vinegar, oil, garlic, red pepper, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
Cover with the lid and shake vigorously. Toss potatoes with dressing.
Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
For best flavor, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.