These flavorful sesame chicken wings are marinated with garlic, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and other ingredients. The chicken wings should be marinated for at least 2 hours, so plan to prepare them in advance.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (toasted)
- 4 green onions (with tops, sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Dash ground black pepper
- Dash ground cayenne pepper, optional
- Pat the chicken wings with paper towels to dry. If the wings are whole, slice off and discard the tips. Cut each whole wing at the joint to make a drumette and a "flat."
- In a large food storage bag, combine soy sauce, water, sugar, sesame oil, green onions, garlic, sesame seeds, and peppers. Add chicken wings; turn bag to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken to a shallow rack in baking dish or roasting pan. Discard the marinade. Bake wings, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn wings and bake 25 minutes longer, or until tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||27 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|