This sesame, soy and ginger baked tofu is an easy baked tofu recipe, inspired by the flavors of Asia. Simply whisk up a marinade, dunk your tofu in it, and then bake! Personally, I'm a huge fan of tofu in just about any form, and baked tofu is, in my opinion, one of the best ways to eat tofu. So I usually just dig in and eat this sesame baked tofu just as it is. Or, I'll often cut the tofu into little cubes to make it more like a snack. If you'd like to make it more of a full meal, add your sesame baked tofu to a vegetarian stir fry, or just about any kind of noodle dish or serve it alongside an Asian rice salad or fried rice.
Scroll down for more easy vegetarian and vegan baked tofu recipes to try. Ever had lemon basil chicken-style baked tofu? What about baked tofu "fish" sticks? And, if you like this sesame ginger tofu recipe, check out the Korean barbecue style baked tofu recipe as well. It's all here.
Don't like tofu, or not sure if you will? You might also want to check this out: If I'm vegetarian, do I have to eat tofu?
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most vegan tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. Not sure how to do that? See this easy step-by-step guide: How to press tofu.
- Next, slice each block of tofu into 4 or 5 slices, about 2/3 inch thick. Then, slice them again to make either rectangular slabs or triangles. You can also cut your tofu into cubes about 1-inch square, if you prefer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Pour mixture over each piece of tofu in a shallow bowl or pan, and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet. Carefully place each slice on the baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then rotate the sheet, if needed and drizzle with more marinade. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until liquid is almost dry.
More Vegetarian and Vegan Tofu Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|