Use a Tri-Tip steak or roast for this recipe and adjust the cooking time accordingly. The Asian-inspired flavors in this marinade make this a great steak for any occasion. If you are interested in extra sauce, simply double the marinade recipe. For more information on this, see instructions. Serve over rice, steamed or grilled vegetables, or noodles.
- 2 pounds beef tri-tip
- 4-6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cups/240 mL soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL water
- 1 tablespoon/30 mL red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/30 mL fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.75 mL white pepper
1. Trim beef tri-tip of excess fat. Combine other ingredients, except sesame seeds and mix well. Place beef tri-tip in a resealable plastic bag and coat well with marinade. Refrigerate for several hours (6-12).
2.Preheat grill. Remove beef tri-tip from marinade and discard any remaining marinade in bag. Grill beef tri-tip over medium heat, turning occasionally for about 25 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the cut and your preferred doneness.
3. Once done, remove from grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve across the grain, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
4. If you would like an extra sauce to go on top, simply double the marinade recipe. Split mixture by using half of it as a marinade and placing the other half into a medium saucepan. This will be your serving sauce. Bring mixture to a high simmer for 1 minute, reduce to low and let mixture continue simmering for 8-10 minutes. Keep a close eye on it to ensure that there is no burning. If you would like the sauce a bit sweeter, add another tablespoon or two to the sauce and continue to simmer until sugar has melted though. Mixture should be able to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and serve on the side or pour over top of sliced tri-tip.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|