|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Are you ready to get "shamrocked"? This easy green mix is a fantastic shot for St. Patrick's day and it's utterly delicious. It holds a light, fruity flavor against a cream background and, of course, there's a little Irish whiskey tossed into the mix.
This Tullamore Dew recipe relies more on melon-flavored liqueur than the Irish whiskey and that creates a smooth, sweet (but not too sweet) shot that anyone can enjoy. The shooter goes down very easily and doesn't leave you feeling like you've just had a shot.
- 2 ounces melon liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Irish cream liqueur
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake very well.
Strain into a shot glass.
Serve and enjoy!
- Once mixed, the recipe will produce a volume around 3 1/2 ounces, which should fill two average-sized shot glasses with a little left over. You can easily double the recipe and shake up four shots in a single shaker.
- The recommended brands of liquor are great suggestions, though there are many nice options for each that you can explore as well.
- Make the shot just a little smoother by serving it in frosty shot glasses. Keep a few in the freezer so they're always ready when you want to mix up a drink.
- This shot is almost too good to drink in one gulp! Savor the creamy taste by straining it into a chilled cocktail glass for a beautiful green martini-style drink.
- It's also a delicious sipper when served on the rocks in an old-fashioned glass. In this case, pouring a full shot (1 1/2 ounces) of whiskey is a great idea!
- Not a fan of whiskey? Try the shooter with brandy, rum, or vodka. You may be losing one "Irish" ingredient, but the green color will still fit the St. Patrick's Day theme perfectly.
How Strong Is a Shamrocked Shot?
This shot tastes really good, but it's also pretty strong because it's made entirely of liquor. While it will vary depending on the spirits you pour, the shamrocked should have an alcohol content in the 22 percent ABV (44 proof) range. It's not the strongest shot you can drink, but it's also not the lightest. Keep that in mind so you don't get drunker than you intend.