|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When St. Patrick's Day rolls around, everyone starts looking for Irish whiskey cocktails. But why not throw a little tequila into the party? The shamrocker is a great way to do just that and it creates a beautiful green cocktail with a delicious fruity taste that is sure to rock your world.
This fun tequila cocktail recipe was provided by Hornitos Tequila and designed to feature the brand's Plata (aka silver or blanco) tequila. It's best described as a shaken melon-flavored margarita with a kiss of orange and it is a rather tasty drink. Add in the allure of its stunning color and you have a drink that will appeal to anyone, no matter the occasion or season.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the tequila, melon liqueur, triple sec, and orange juice.
Garnish with an orange slice.
Serve and enjoy!
- If DeKuyper Melon Schnapps isn't in your liquor cabinet, any melon liqueur will do. Midori is probably the best-known, though there are options from other brands and most have the same green color.
- For a splash of orange juice, all you really have to do is squeeze the juice from an orange wedge into the shaker.
- Since it's not served on the rocks, you'll find it best to chill your glass. This keeps the drink cooler longer and simply makes a more enjoyable drinking experience. The quickest method is to add a few ice cubes to the glass while you mix the drink (cold soda water helps, too). Dump the glass contents before straining and you're all set.
- As with most margaritas, this recipe can definitely be tossed into the blender. To make a frozen version, simply pour the ingredients into your blender with 1 cup of ice (about five or six ice cubes). Blend until smooth, then pour into your favorite glass.
- Make the drink a little sweeter without altering the recipe by rimming the glass with sugar. To do so, wipe the rim with the orange slice to wet it, then roll it in a shallow dish of white granulated sugar.
How Strong Is a Shamrocker?