These simple slow cooker potatoes are easy to prepare and contain only 4 ingredients. The recipe is easily doubled for a large gathering or potluck.
Add some diced cooked bacon or ham to the potatoes if you'd like.
- 1 bag (24 ounces) frozen hash brown potatoes, partially thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter the bottom and sides of the slow cooker crockery insert.
- Put hash brown potatoes in slow cooker.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well and then add to potatoes. Gently stir to blend.
- Cook on low 5 to 7 hours. Stir before serving.
*To thaw the hash browns in the microwave oven, spread them out on a microwave safe baking dish or plates. Microwave on 100% power for about 30 seconds for each cup.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the hash brown mixture.
- Cook 4 to 6 strips of bacon. Crumble and add to the slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup of diced cooked ham to the slow cooker.
- Add finely chopped red and green bell pepper and finely chopped onion to the thawed hash browns.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||75 g|
|Saturated Fat||37 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|