|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This short ribs dish is long simmered on the stove with vegetables and beans. It's a great-tasting, hearty one-pot meal that doesn't require a side dish.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 4 medium-sized carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, vegetarian style
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine the water, short ribs, potatoes, onions, carrots and barley over high heat; bring to a boil.
Cover and reduce the heat to low; simmer for about 4 hours, or until the meat on the short ribs is very tender.
Stir in the beans, salt, and pepper; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
Skim off the fat and serve immediately.
More Short Rib Recipes to Try
Love this one-pot short rib meal? You should also try: