|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This stuffed mushroom recipe was shared by Sharon. The mushrooms are stuffed with a savory mixture of bread crumbs, green onion, and Cheddar cheese.
- 8 to 10 medium mushrooms, firm, closed caps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onion (or green onion, minced)
- 1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs*
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash mushrooms quickly under running water; drain on paper towels. Pull stems from mushrooms and chop finely.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add chopped mushroom stems and onion. Sauté until tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, soft bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle salt over mushroom caps and fill with sautéed mixture, mounding over the top. At this point, you may cover and refrigerate these mushrooms for up to 24 hours.
- Before serving, put 2 tablespoons of water in a shallow dish and arrange stuffed mushrooms in a dish. Bake for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
*Soft bread crumbs: Put bread on cutting board and use fork tines to tear off crumbs, or use food processor to make finer crumbs. One standard slice of bread makes about 1/2 cup of lightly packed crumbs.