Use a little of this rich and delicious sherried crab sauce to dress up baked or grilled fish or seafood, or drizzle some over fried green tomatoes or eggplant slices to make a wonderfully different appetizer or side dish.
It is a great sauce to have on hand. Make extra and freeze it in small containers.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 green onions, with about 2 inches green, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley leaves
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in flour, onions, and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the sherry and crabmeat to the flour mixture; gradually add the cream, stirring constantly. Stir in Cajun seasoning and tomato paste. Simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper, if necessary.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|