This great tasting apple cake is baked in a rectangular baking pan, topped with a cream cheese frosting. This quick dessert is perfect for entertaining.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package/3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Into a separate bowl, sift together flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir into the first mixture.
- Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Put in greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 10 to 15 minutes before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cake.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|