Angel hair pasta or spaghetti in a creamy sauce is topped with colorful red bell pepper, shrimp, and snow peas.
Serve this dish with a tossed salad for a very special meal.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 12 ounces capellini (angel hair pasta)
- 4 to 6 ounces snow peas (trimmed)
- 1 small red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and cream; bring to a gentle simmer and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Add pesto, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce; stir until well blended.
- Reduce heat to the lowest possible setting and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bell pepper strips, snow peas and shrimp in another saucepan in a very small amount of boiling water or stir-fry in a small amount of vegetable oil. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender and shrimp is cooked through.
- Drain the pasta, mix it with the sauce and divide among four individual serving bowls.
- Garnish each serving with some of the hot cooked shrimp, pepper strips, and snow peas; serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|