|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 17g|
|Vitamin C 18mg||90%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a quick and simple way to prepare Hawaiian shrimp kebabs any day of the week that the entire family will love. Since shrimp go so well with just about anything, you can add slices of green bell pepper or red onion to the skewers. Grill the entire dinner by threading a few extra skewers with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and onion. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
For a light meal or lunch, serve the shrimp kebabs with a simple lettuce or arugula salad, or serve the shrimp with aromatic coconut rice. Cauliflower rice is an excellent choice if you're cutting carbs. Bring the marinade to a full boil if you plan to serve it with the shrimp or use it for basting.
The shrimp kebabs make delicious party food as well. Scale the recipe up and use short skewers or remove the shrimp and pineapple from the skewers and serve them with toothpicks.
"The shrimp kebabs were delicious, and grilling was quick. Some of the canned pineapple chunks fell off the skewers, so I would probably use larger fresh chunks next time. There were leftover chunks, so I threaded them on an extra skewer. Overall, the recipe was easy, and the flavors were excellent!" —Diana Rattray
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, 1/2 the green onions, and the garlic in a large, resealable bag. Turn to mix. Add the shrimp, turn the bag to mix again, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Prepare a medium (350 F to 375 F) gas or charcoal grill fire.
Remove shrimp and pineapple from bag and thread loosely onto skewers.
Grill the kebabs until the shrimp are completely pink all around. Serve garnished with the remaining chopped green onions.
- Thread slices of red onion and bell pepper onto the skewers with the shrimp and pineapple.
- Instead of canned pineapple chunks, use larger fresh pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Garnish the skewers with fresh, coarsely chopped cilantro along with the green onion.
- Replace the Sriracha with sambal oelek chili paste.
- For spicier skewers, increase the Sriracha to 1 to 2 tablespoons.
How to Store Leftover Shrimp
- Refrigerate leftover shrimp kebabs in an airtight container or resealable bag and eat within three to four days.
- To reheat the shrimp skewers, brush with a little olive oil and wrap them in foil. Heat in a preheated 325 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Alternatively, put the shrimp in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil or butter and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through.