|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 2|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This menu is a piece of cake (and so is dessert).
The salad may be prepared early in the day and assembled at dinner time. The lamb chops may be marinated ahead and pan-grilled just before dinner. The bacon mashed potatoes may be prepped several hours before serving, and put together at meal time.
The peas may also be put together early in the day and just heated before eating.
The raspberry sauce for the store-bought angel food cake may be made a day or two ahead of time, and heated at the last minute.
- 1/2 pound red potatoes (4 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, additional
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, additional
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups washed and chopped lettuce
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place potatoes on a small baking pan, drizzle with the olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat well with oil. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender. Allow to cool, then slice each potato and refrigerate until serving time.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, lemon zest, and the additional salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly. Refrigerate until serving time.
- When ready to serve, divide the lettuce between two plates, arrange the potato slices on top of the lettuce, place a shrimp on top of each potato slice and drizzle with the dressing.