|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3 to 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 26g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||79%|
|Total Carbohydrate 60g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This baked shrimp is topped with a buttery bread crumb and Parmesan cheese mixture. Lemon juice and a small amount of dry sherry are added to the topping. To crisp the topping a bit, broil for a few minutes when the shrimp are finished.
Garnish the baked shrimp with fresh chopped parsley and grated, shredded, or shaved Parmesan cheese. Serve the shrimp with lemon wedges.
Depending on the size of the shrimp, it might be done in less time, so check after about 15 to 20 minutes.
This makes a tasty and easy lunch or dinner dish. Serve the shrimp with rice or serve it on a basic tossed salad or atop spinach or baby kale leaves.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (cleaned, peeled and deveined*)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 to 1 cup bread crumbs (fine, dry)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons sherry (dry)
- Garnish: fresh parsley (chopped)
- Garnish: parmesan cheese (grated, shredded, or shaved)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 325 F.
Butter a shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Place shrimp in an even layer in the dish.
Combine the butter, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, lemon juice, and sherry.
Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over shrimps.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until shrimps are cooked.
Increase the oven setting to broil and broil the shrimp for a minute or two, or just long enough to brown the topping.
Serve and enjoy!
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup of sliced green onions to the shrimp mixture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder to the bread crumbs, or use garlic and herb bread crumbs.