|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 162g||59%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Shrimp fried rice is a great recipe for nights when you're looking for a quick way to use up leftovers. Feel free to experiment with using fresh mushrooms or other vegetables in place of the peas, and to double up on the ham if you don't have frozen shrimp.
- 4 ounces shrimp (frozen, uncooked, unshelled)
- 4 ounces ham (cooked)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green onions
- 2 eggs (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 4 cups rice (cooked but cold)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying, or as needed)
- For the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons water)
1. Run the frozen shrimp under warm running water, pat dry with paper towels, shell and devein. Chop into small pieces. Add the marinade ingredients and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Dice the ham, onion, and green onion.
3. Beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks, add a dash of salt, and mix.* Set aside.
4. Heat the wok and then add 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is ready, pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the wok and cook over medium heat, turning over once. Cook the other half the same way. Cut the egg into thin strips, and save for later.
5. Add 2 tablespoons oil, or as needed. When oil is hot, stir-fry the onion and shrimp on high heat for a few moments, remove and set aside. Do the same for the green peas, and then the diced ham.
6. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons oil, turn the heat down to medium and stir-fry the rice. Add a bit of soy and oyster sauce if desired. Add the other ingredients except the egg and green onion and combine thoroughly. Serve the fried rice with the strips of egg on top and the green onion as garnish.**
*You can also add a bit of oyster sauce if desired
**Alternately, you can mix the green onion and egg in with the other ingredients.