This shrimp salad is a snap to fix, and it makes a great lunch or dinner for summer weather. Or, double or triple the recipe for a potluck take-along. It's an easy shrimp salad, and delicious for any time of the year.
I used the small wild gulf shrimp, about 51/60 count, and they were perfect. For sandwiches or larger shrimp, you could chop them coarsely before mixing with the mayonnaise.
- 2 pounds small to medium shrimp, boiled, drained, cooled
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine the shrimp, diced celery, diced cucumber, dill weed, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and sour cream, to taste.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir gently to combine thoroughly. Chill until serving time.
- This shrimp salad is great served as-is on lettuce, or serve it as a sandwich filling in soft rolls or buns.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|