This version of shrimp scampi is loaded with garlic, parsley, butter, and lemon, and it is super easy to prepare and bake in the oven.
Serve the shrimp over rice or serve them as a snack or appetizer. Depending on how you plan to serve the shrimp, you may choose to leave the tails on.
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp (shelled and deveined*)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped and divided)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the butter in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan and put the pan in the oven until the butter has melted.
- To the melted butter, add the salt, crushed garlic, and 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Stir well. Arrange the shrimp in baking pan in a single layer. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Turn shrimp; sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, and the rest of the parsley. Bake shrimp scampi for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just done.
- Arrange shrimp scampi on hot serving platter; pour garlic butter from pan over the shrimp and garnish with several lemon wedges.
Serves 4 to 6.
*To devein the shrimp, remove the shells. With a small sharp knife, make a shallow cut down the back of a shrimp. Remove the vein with your fingers or scrape it out. Rinse the shrimp. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|