|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||72%|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy shrimp recipe is made with a rich and buttery garlic cream sauce. The shrimp and sauce take just minutes to cook. Use frozen and thawed and deveined shrimp to cut preparation time.
- 8 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 large minced cloves garlic
- 2 pounds shrimp (extra large or colossal shrimp, shelled and deveined*)
- 2 tablespoon dry sherry or white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped parsley
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring over medium-low heat for 2 minutes or until softened.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring, just until they turn pink.
Strain the shrimp in a fine mesh sieve.
Return the shrimp and solids to the pan and add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter.
When the butter has melted, add the dry sherry or wine and cook for another minute.
Add the cream and salt and pepper to taste; bring to a simmer but do not boil.
Transfer the shrimp to a serving dish or arrange on individual plates. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Heat through.
Serve the shrimp with your choice of side dish.
*How To Devein Shrimp
- Remove the shells from the shrimp.
- With a small, sharp knife, cut a slit down the back of a shrimp.
- Pull the dark vein out or scrape it out with the tip of your knife.
- Repeat with the remaining shrimp and then rinse them under cold running water.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Serve over your choice of hot cooked rice, angel hair or another pasta, or spoon it over split baked biscuits or puff pastry shells. If you're on a low-carb diet, serve it over cauliflower rice or summer squash or zucchini noodles.
- For your veggie noodle side, remove the cooked shrimp from the pan and keep warm. Add some spiralized zucchini or summer squash "noodles" to the skillet with a few more tablespoons of butter. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring and tossing constantly. When the "noodles" are just limp, serve with the shrimp and cream sauce.
- For paleo diets, replace the heavy cream with coconut cream and use coconut oil instead of butter.
- Instead of wine or sherry, use vegetable broth or a broth made with shrimp shells, or omit the wine.