“Setas” or mushrooms are very popular in Spain. Many people drive or walk out to the countryside to pick them. This tapa is so quick and easy to prepare. Combine shrimp with garlic, white wine, and mushrooms for a flavor that is quite delicious as a “tapa.” Serve with slices of baguette.
- 12 to 14 large mushrooms, such cremini or white mushrooms
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 4 to 6 tbsp. Spanish virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 lb. shrimp (Size - 40 per pound)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Place fresh mushrooms in a colander and place under running cold water to remove any dirt. Trim the stems. Slice.
- Peel raw shrimp and remove tails. Rinse and allow to drain. Set aside.
- Peel the garlic cloves and minced garlic.
- Place a large open frying pan over medium heat and pour in 4 to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When hot, add minced garlic. Before garlic browns, add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to coat mushrooms with oil and mix with garlic.
- Add white wine and stir. Continue to cook another 5 minutes or so. Mushrooms will shrink and darken. Add salt to taste.
- Add shrimp and stir thoroughly. Shrimp will turn pink as they cook. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes into the pan. Shrimp will take about 5 minutes to cook.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with a fresh baguette.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|