Marinated shrimp and spinach come together to make a simple yet flavorful dish enhanced with bits of feta cheese.
The feta cheese and spinach mingle nicely with the lemon-spiked shrimp. Serve this shrimp dish with baked potatoes or a rice dish for a light yet satisfying weeknight meal.
If you aren't a fan of feta cheese, you can substitute with shredded mozzarella cheese or Parmesan.
More Tasty Shrimp Recipes
- 12 to 16 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried crumbled oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Peel the shrimp. With a sharp knife, make a shallow cut down the back of a shrimp. Remove the dark vein. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, then rinse them under cold water. Pat dry.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl. Combine the lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper; pour over the shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain the shrimp, reserving marinade. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add shrimp and saute for 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet and then add the spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to pan and crumble feta over top; cover and cook 2 minutes longer, or until shrimp is cooked through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|