This recipe was submitted by Doug, who writes that it made 21 dumplings.
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients except for the wrapper, mixing well.
- Place about a tablespoon of filling on each wrapper, and gather up the sides to form ripples, leaving the center open.
- Wack the bottom of the dumpling on the counter so that it will stand up.
- When all the shumai are filled, steam in a bamboo steamer for about 5-6 minutes, until cooked.
- Served with sweet and sour sauce or other dipping sauces.
Cooks Notes: The author writes that next time he may add a bit more ginger.
Do you have a favorite Chinese recipe you'd like to share with others? Just submit your recipe using this handy submission form and I will add it to my Recipe File.