|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4-6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds round steak about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 14.5 ounces canned or homemade stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Place steak on a clean board or similar work/cutting surface.
Sprinkle steak with about half of the bread crumb mixture and pound into the steak with a meat mallet.
Repeat on the other side of the round steak then cut into 4 to 6 pieces.
In a large Dutch oven or large deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter or margarine. When hot, add steak; brown on both sides.
Add tomatoes, onion, chopped celery, chopped green bell peppers, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 2 hours, or until Swiss steak is tender.