|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This baked chicken and potatoes recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. There isn't much prep time and it's practically a meal in one dish. Though it is to be noted that it also works well with a side salad. So simple, yet so delectable.
Watch Now: Homemade Baked Chicken and Potatoes
- 3 to 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes (or Russet potatoes; peeled and cut into 1-inch dices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon; divided)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Toss potatoes, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
Spread into a prepared baking dish in a single layer. Bake 10 minutes.
Place chicken on top of potatoes, arranging potatoes around chicken. Brush remaining tablespoon of olive oil on top of chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes until juices of chicken run clear.
Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
- Try mixing the potatoes with olive oil, 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary, and 1 to 2 teaspoons minced garlic for some more depth of flavor.
- Or, trying mixing the potatoes with olive oil, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice for a brighter, more zesty option.