|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This baked chicken and potatoes recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. There isn't much prep time and it's practically a meal in one dish. But it also works well with a side salad. So simple, yet so delectable.
- 3 to 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes (or Russet potatoes; peeled and cut into 1-inch dices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon; divided)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Toss potatoes, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together.
Spread into a prepared baking dish in a single layer. Bake 10 minutes.
Place chicken on top of potatoes, arranging potatoes around chicken. Brush remaining tablespoon of olive oil on top of chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake 18 to 20 minutes until juices of chicken run clear.
Top with shredded parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.