|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 31g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These simple braised pork chops are flavored with a combination of Dijon mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
These pork chops are delicious with mashed potatoes, but macaroni and cheese or a rice side dish would be good as well. Add steamed broccoli or a tossed salad for a satisfying family meal.
Pork chops on the bone offer the most flavor, but boneless chops or meaty country-style ribs are excellent alternatives.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 4 bone-in center cut pork chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add the onions and cook, stirring, until they are softened and lightly browned around the edges.
Move the onions aside and add the pork chops to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cook the chops for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until the garlic is slightly tender and aromatic. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
In a cup or bowl, combine the chicken broth, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour the mixture over the chops. Cover the pan tightly and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the pork chops are tender.
- If you prefer to use the oven, use an oven safe skillet or transfer the pork chops to a baking pan; cover with a lid or cover tightly with foil. Braise the pork chops in a preheated 325 F oven for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until tender.
- If you are looking for a faster dish, take a look at these quick and easy oven roasted pork chops.