These candied sweet potatoes are unbelievably easy to prepare and bake. The recipe is made with just two main ingredients: sweet potatoes and brown sugar.
For extra flavor, replace 1 cup of the water with 1 cup of orange juice. Add some toasted pecan halves just before they're done for some extra crunch and flavor.
Add these sweet potatoes to your holiday dinner menu or serve them alongside baked ham or pork chops.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into slices about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lay the sliced sweet potatoes in an iron skillet or shallow casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, and salt; pour over the potatoes.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|