Skinless, boneless chicken breasts can dry out quickly on the grill. This chicken breast marinade helps solve this problem by mixing a little vinegar with a good dose of olive oil. This creates a barrier between the chicken and the hot cooking grate so you can keep your chicken tender and moist without it drying out.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL olive oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoosn/10 mL white sugar
- 1 teaspoons/5 mL salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried basil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL black pepper
1. Add balsamic vinegar to a small bowl, Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add salt and sugar and continue whisking until dissolved. Add garlic, oregano, basil, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Let mixture stand at room temperature for at least 5 to 10 minutes before using.
2. Pour into a zip-top bag and add the chicken breasts. Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. This is enough marinade for 4 to 6 chicken breasts.
3. If making ahead of time, store marinade in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days after initial preparation.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|