This easy cream of mushroom soup is a combination of fresh sliced mushrooms, bouillon, and seasonings. The mushrooms are simmered in the broth for 20 minutes, and then a roux is added along with milk or cream.
For extra mushroom flavor, soak some dried mushrooms in boiling water and add them along with the fresh mushrooms.
Take a look at the reader comments for some additional suggestions.
- In a large saucepan, combine mushrooms, boiling water, chicken bouillon, and onion. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in another saucepan; blend in flour. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add sauce to the mushroom mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If desired, blend some or all of the soup. See: How to Puree Soup in a Blender
Makes about 6 cups.
- "It's getting cold outside and this is a wonderful soup. reminds me of the old days at home. Soup and crackers. Love it - you will too!" Geo
- "We really loved this soup ... so creamy and buttery. I added cooked chicken to this and it was awesome." Chaf
- "This is very easy to make. Next time, as I am a HUGE mushroom lover, I will add whole button mushrooms....and A LOT of them! My kids loved this as well." T.R.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|