This simple egg salad tea sandwich recipe is simple in its preparation method and its flavor. You can use dried or fresh herbs, depending on how much time you have to make them, and the eggs can be hard boiled several days in advance.
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled, chilled after boiling to prevent green yolks)
- 1 tbsp. mayo or mayo alternative
- 1 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. dill (chopped or dried)
- 1 tsp. chopped or fresh parsley
- Sea-salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bread (White bread is traditionally used, but you can use whole wheat or whole grain bread for healthier tea sandwiches.)
- Mash the eggs, mayo, yogurt and mustard with a potato masher or a fork.
- Stir in the herbs and spices.
- Spread the egg salad onto two slices of bread.
- Top the egg salad with the remaining two slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|