|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This simple egg salad tea sandwich recipe is simple in its preparation method and its flavor. You can use dried or fresh herbs, depending on how much time you have to make them, and the eggs can be hard-boiled several days in advance.
- 2 eggs (hard-boiled, chilled after boiling to prevent green yolks)
- 1 tablespoon mayo or mayo alternative
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill (chopped or dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Sea-salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices bread
Gather the ingredients.
Mash the eggs, mayo, yogurt, and mustard with a potato masher or a fork.
Stir in the herbs and spices.
Spread the egg salad onto two slices of bread.
Top the egg salad with the remaining two slices of bread.
Remove the crusts and slice the sandwiches two times, diagonally, to make four tea sandwiches from each large sandwich.
- White bread is traditionally used, but you can use whole wheat or whole grain bread for healthier tea sandwiches.