- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 or 2 large cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- Beat 1/2 cup butter; blend in garlic.
- Spread on bread for garlic bread or use on seafood, fish, or vegetables.
- Make half a recipe of the garlic butter, but use 2 to 4 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Heat the butter and garlic in a saucepan over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Split a large loaf of crusty bread in half and place it on a baking sheet, cut side up. Place the bread under the broiler until it is toasted and golden brown.
- Generously brush the bread with the garlic butter mixture and sprinkle with some chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- If desired, after brushing the toasted bread with garlic butter, sprinkle it with a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese; return the bread to the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Garlic and Parsley Butter: Puree the garlic butter with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley. Add about 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Lemon, Garlic, Parsley Butter: Puree the garlic butter with 1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of crushed black pepper. If desired, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of minced shallot.
- Use half extra virgin olive oil and half butter; beat with the crushed garlic.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|