The grill really adds great flavor to any kind of seafood. This recipe for grilled crab is simple, yet quite delicious. You'll have these ready quickly and have enough time to dine and socialize with your guests.
- 2 large Dungeness crabs (live)
- 1/4 cup/120 mL white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons/15 mL sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ginger (minced)
- 1 jalapeno chili (minced with the seeds removed)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cilantro (minced)
- To prepare baste, mix vinegar, oil, ginger, jalapeno, garlic cilantro and tomato in a bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop crabs, one at a time, headfirst into boiling water. Boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove crabs from the water. Pull of triangular tab from the belly. Lift off the shell. Clean innards and gills from crab and wash and drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place crabs on the grill. Cook with the lid closed, brushing with basting mixture after first 2-3 minutes of cooking. Turn crabs over halfway through grilling, baste again. Crabs are done when the meat in the leg is opaque. About 10-12 minutes. Place on serving dish and spoon remaining mixture over crabs. You can replace the shells before serving if you wish.
- If the thought of live crabs is too much for you, then, by all means, purchase frozen crabs. Just make sure they are nice and thawed before placing on the grill.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||61 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|