- 2 broiler chickens, split, about 5 to 6 pounds total
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the grill; place an oiled rack 4 to 6 inches above medium coals.
- Combine the oil, butter, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Brush the chicken inside and out with 1/4 cup of the seasoned butter.
- Place the chickens on the grill, bone side down.
- Baste chicken halves frequently with the remaining butter mixture and turn every 10 minutes.
- Grill for 30 to 40 minutes in all, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear with pierced with a fork.
Sprinkle well with pepper and serve.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||86 g|
|Saturated Fat||34 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|