This simple Tri-Tip Steak recipe uses a simple but flavorful marinade, followed by a hot and fast trip over the grill to seal in the flavors. Serve this steak as the main attraction or in salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
- 3 pounds beef tri-tip steaks
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and pour into a resealable bag. Add tri-tip and make sure it is well coated. Using tongs, carefully turn steak over a few times in marinade. Seal bag and let steak marinate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Remove tri-tip steaks from marinade and discard marinade. Place steaks on a hot grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking process to get an even sear. Remove steaks once they have reached desired doneness.
- Rest steaks for 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure to tent with aluminum foil if the rest time is longer than 5 minutes, or you are waiting for other items to come off the grill.
- Slice tri-tips against the grain in to thin pieces and serve with your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||33 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|