These eggs are pickled with vinegar and mixed spices. You may add some thinly sliced onions to the eggs if you'd like, or vary the spices a bit.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for about 12 minutes. Drain and cover with cold water to cook them quickly
- Crack the shells and roll gently on the countertop. Starting at the large end where the air sac is, begin peeling. Rinse and repeat with the remaining eggs. Put them in a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand until completely cooled.
- Put the eggs in a large jar and cover with the vinegar mixture. Refrigerate for 2 weeks before using for best flavor.
- Store the eggs in the refrigerator for up to 4 months.
You Might Also Like