These sliced potatoes are delicious, and they couldn't be easier! Toss in butter, sprinkle with seasonings, then bake the potato slices to perfection.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground) to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- 400 F (200 C/Gas 6).
- Scrub the baking potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the potatoes with olive oil and prick each potato with a fork in three to four places so steam can escape as they bake.
- Place the potatoes directly on the rack in the preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until tender. Prick them with a fork to check for doneness.
- Remove the potatoes to a rack and let them cool completely.
- Line a baking pan with foil and then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 F (220 C/Gas 7).
- Inspect the cooled baked potatoes and remove any imperfections. Slice the unpeeled baked potatoes into rounds about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick.
- Toss the potato slices with the melted butter.
- Spread out on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and onion and garlic powders, if using.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned, turning about every 4 to 5 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|