Serve this flavorful quiche with soup or a tossed salad for a special lunch.
- Pastry for 9-inch pie, unbaked
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper, white or black
- Bake crust in a 450 F oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Drain salmon liquid into a cup and set aside. Put salmon in a bowl and remove bones and skin; flake salmon.
- Add the salmon to the cooled pastry and then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook the onion until translucent. Spoon the onions over the salmon and sprinkle with parsley.
- In a bowl whisk the salmon liquid with eggs, milk, and seasoned salt and pepper; pour over salmon.
- Bake the quiche at 350 F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until firm. Serve this salmon quiche hot.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|