Satay is one of the most popular ways to grill meats. Use this marinade on kebabs made with thin strips of meat to add a wonderful combination of flavors to them.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL soy sauce
- 1/2 cup/120 mL vinegar (rice wine)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL peanut butter (chunky style)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL cilantro (chopped fresh)
- 1 lemon (juiced, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL honey
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ginger (fresh grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne
1. Combine all ingredients until well mixed.
2. Marinade can be stored for a short time in an airtight container in the refrigerator, about 3 days. Works well on all meats and seafood. Marinade time is about 1 hour for pieces cut into 1-inch cubes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|