This 4-ingredient seasoned pork roast recipe couldn't be easier to prepare. Season the roast and rub it with garlic, pop it in the oven, roast to perfection and you have a fabulous dinner.
This pork roast is fabulous sliced and served with mashed or baked potatoes and green beans or your family's favorite vegetable side dish. Or add some potatoes to the roasting pan before the pork is done (see the tips and variations below the recipe).
A boneless pork loin roast (3 to 5 pounds) will take about 20 to 25 minutes per pound. A bone-in roast (4 to 5 pounds) will take longer from about 25 to 35 or 40 minutes per pound. A reliable instant-read thermometer should register at least 145 F -- the minimum safe cooking time according to the USDA -- when the pork is done.
- 1 (3- to 5-pound) boneless pork loin roast or 1 (4- to 5-pound) bone-in pork loin roast
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, homemade or purchased
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 425 F.
- Place a rack in a shallow, foil-lined roasting pan or 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Place the pork loin roast on the rack and rub all sides of the pork with the cut side of the pieces of garlic. Sprinkle all sides of roast evenly with the seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast the pork uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature of the roast when using an instant-read thermometer is at least 145 F to 160 F.
- Tent the roast loosely with foil and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Cooking Tips and Variations
- Use Cajun or Creole seasoning in place of the seasoned salt blend. If the Cajun or Creole seasoning does not contain salt, sprinkle the pork with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Or use an unsalted herb blend with about 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Instead of a rack, use fresh vegetables to keep the pork out of its drippings. Toss several carrot halves, sliced onions, and celery sticks with a few tablespoons of olive oil and place them in the foil-lined pan. Place the pork roast on the vegetables. Another alternative: Crumple a large sheet of heavy-duty foil and place it in the bottom of the pan. Place the roast on the crumpled foil.
- About 1 hour before you calculate the pork will be done, toss 2 pounds of scrubbed and quartered red-skinned potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and 2 cloves of minced garlic. Arrange the potatoes around the pork loin roast and continue roasting until the potatoes are tender and the pork has reached at least 145 F. Remove the potatoes to a serving bowl and keep warm. Tent the roast with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|