- 3 pounds. Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon. butter
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups beef gravy (either leftover gravy or gravy from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place cubed potatoes into a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, and mash with the milk and butter. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef to the vegetable mixture. Crumble and brown completely. Stir in gravy and ketchup.
- Spoon vegetable-beef mixture into prepared pan. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the beef mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until potatoes are golden brown. Let the pie rest 10 minutes before cutting.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)