This simple slow cooker recipe is a combination of ground beef, mushrooms, and a tasty sour cream sauce. Serve this easy dish with rice or simple buttered noodles and steamed broccoli or green beans.
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream mixed with 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in large skillet or saute pan; add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Put the beef mixture in slow cooker and stir in beef broth and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in sour cream and flour mixture the last 45 minutes of cooking time.
- Taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles, or serve with hot cooked rice.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|