Simple Tofu and Vegetable Stir-Fry with Ginger - a simple recipe for an easy Chinese-style vegetarian and vegan vegetable stir-fry with tofu in a light ginger sauce. Feel free to add in whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand, just about any kind of veggie will work for this quick and easy stir-fry recipe. You could also omit the tofu, or use seitan or tempeh instead.
See also: More vegan stir-fry recipes
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated or minced)
- 1 block tofu (firm or extra-firm, well pressed and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 bunch broccoli (chopped)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (any color, sliced)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced, any kind)
- 3 green onions (scallions, sliced)
- 1 cup rice (pre-cooked)
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most vegan tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. Not sure how to do that? See this easy step-by-step guide: How to press tofu.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, and ginger. Marinade the tofu in this sauce for at least one hour.
- In a wok or a large skillet, cook the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and tofu over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the snow peas, mushrooms, green onions, and marinade from the tofu. Allow to cook for just a few more minutes. Vegetables should be tender but not soft.
- Add the rice and cook just until heated through and well mixed.
Like this recipe?
Loving this vegetarian and vegan tofu recipe? Here's some more incredible things you can do with tofu:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|