|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There's just something wonderful about waking up to fresh, warm and fluffy waffles. They are the best way to start a Saturday or Sunday morning. They're even better if someone else is making them for you...but they are so easy to make that you won't mind making them yourself too.
This recipe is very simple and is so easy to whip together. It tastes about a thousand times better than any box mix or any restaurant waffles. They come out slightly crunchy and wonderfully puffy and soft on the inside.
Click Play to See This Simple Delicious Waffle Recipe Come Together
This recipe makes enough for about four people. It can easily be doubled if you are serving breakfast for a larger group. You can also make a larger batch and then freeze the leftovers after they have cooled. Easily reheat them by popping them in the toaster for a few minutes. They're way better than Eggos and are just as easy to reheat on a busy weekday morning. Why are the things our moms wouldn't let us eat, so delicious?
Gather the ingredients.
Heat your waffle iron on high heat.
Stir together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Whip together the milk, eggs, and oil in a liquid measuring cup or a separate bowl.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. The batter may be a bit lumpy, but that is OK.
Add a 1/2 cup of the batter to the center of the waffle iron and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
Top with butter and warm maple syrup.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you are making a large batch of the waffles, keep cooked waffles warm in a 250 F oven while you cook the remaining waffles.
- You can use oil for this recipe, but melted butter really tastes the best.
- You can also add in a little vanilla to make the waffles fragrant and bring out a little sweetness. The batter will look a little thin right after it mixes up, but it will thicken up after about a minute.
- These waffles can easily be made sweet or savory. Add a little crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese and you've got cheesy bacon waffles.
- Top the waffles with some Nutella and strawberries for a sweet treat.